朗阁首页 > 留学频道 > 职场英语 > 职场英语:加班Overtime

职场英语:加班Overtime

来源:网络 2019-04-04 编辑:marina 雅思托福0元试学

备考资料免费领取

加班作为职场中的常见现象,可谓是无数职场中人不可避免的谈论话题,那么关于加班有哪些常用的英语表达呢?接下来就跟小编一起来看看吧!

  加班作为职场中的常见现象,可谓是无数职场中人不可避免的谈论话题,那么关于加班有哪些常用的英语表达呢?接下来就跟小编一起来看看吧!

新概念英语2.jpg

  It’s late at the offices of Tip Top Trading.

  在实力较好贸易公司办公室里,时候不早了。

  Anna is alone, working. Again.

  Anna又一个人在工作。

  She’s been doing this all week, she wants her presentation to Mr Lime to be perfect so she’s been spending hours and hours on it. Anna?

  她这一周都是这样的,她希望给Mr Lime一次完美的产品介绍,所以她片刻不停地忙碌着,Anna?

  Don’t interrupt! I’m busy.

  不要打断我!我忙着呢。

  Woah!

  哇!

  Sorry.

  抱歉。

  Anna, you’re really burning the candle at both ends.

  Anna,你可真是忙得蜡烛两头烧似的。

  What?

  什么?

  Burning the candle at both ends – it means working very hard – working late and getting up early to work all the time.

  蜡烛两头烧——表示工作很努力——总是起早贪黑地工作。

  Oh. I didn’t know that expression.

  噢。我不知道这种说法。

  Well here are some more:

  这里还有别的说法:

  You’re doing overtime; which means you’re working longer than office hours.

  你加班,表示你工作的时间超过了办公室的上下班时间。

  You’re putting in the hours; which means you are spending all the time needed to achieve something.

  你投入时间,表示你花了所有必须的时间来达到你的*。

  Yes, I’m putting in the hours to make sure my presentation is perfect.

  是的,我投入时间以我的展示是完美的。

  And if you don’t mind me saying so, you might burn out; which means you are working so hard that you might get very tired and run out of energy.

  还有你不介意我说的话,你会劳累过度的,意思是你工作太努力以致于你可能很十分疲惫,筋疲力尽。

  I’m not burning out. I’m full of energy. I just need to finish this bit...

  我不会吃不消的。我有很多能量。我只是需要完成这一点…

  My goodness, nothing’s locked. Do you think we’ve been burgled?

  我的天啊,门没锁。你觉得我们会不会被偷了?

  Oh no! I left my lap-book and my me-pad on the desk... and my i-top – they’re worth thousands! They’re all the latest versions!

  不是吧!我桌上还放着我的笔记本电脑还有我的平板…还有我的i-top——它们加起来价值上千呢!而且都是*版的!

  I left out my elephant mug and my lady-curve nail file. They better not have stolen them!

  我留了我的大象马克杯和女士曲线指甲锉。他们千万不要偷它们!

  (Talking in her sleep) but it’s premium, premium, faux-orange premium!

  (梦呓中)但是这是优质的,优质的,优质的人造橙!

  Anna?

  Anna?

  It’s Anna, she’s asleep. Anna!

  这是Anna,她睡着了。Anna!

  (waking up with a jump) Oh! Lemons! Denise? Tom?

  (惊醒)噢!柠檬!Denise? Tom?

  Have you spent the night asleep at your desk Anna?

  你不会一整晚都在你的桌子上睡着了吧,Anna?

  Is it morning? Oh dear, yes I think so.

  现在是早上?噢,我的天啊,我想是的。

  Well, at least we haven’t been burgled then.

  好吧,至少我们没有被偷东西。

  Anna, you’ve really been burning the candle at both ends lately.

  Anna,你*近真是蜡烛两头烧啊。

  Yes, you’ve been doing hours and hours of overtime.

  是啊,你一直都在加班。

  Most people get their work done within office hours and anyway, we don’t pay overtime here.

  大部分人都在上班时间把工作做完,无论怎样,我们都不会在这里加班的。

  You’ll never find me working late!

  你从来没见过我工作得很晚!

  Yes, I’d noticed that Denise.

  是的,我注意到了Denise。

  But this presentation must be perfect.

  但是这次介绍必须做到完美。

  If you’re not careful, you’ll burn out!

  如果你不注意的话,你会吃不消的!

  Then you’ll really be of no use to anyone.

  那时候你就没办法工作了。

  You’ll be as useful as a chocolate teapot.

  你就像一个巧克力茶壶一样,没有用了。

  It’s good that you’re putting in the hours Anna, but you should calm down.

  投入时间工作是一件好事,但是,Anna你必须让自己冷静一下。

  Look at me, I do very successful presentations without spending hours preparing.

  看看我,我做了很多成功的介绍,并不用花很长时间准备。

  Ha!

  哈!

  In my presentation to Every Apple I just swooshed in with no preparation after a night on the town. I charmed them. They loved me!

  在我“每一个苹果”的介绍中,我在一个小镇上度过一晚后,没有做准备,一下子就做完了。他们为我着迷,也很爱我!

  Idiot. I bet he actually spent hours preparing he just can’t admit it.

  白痴。我打赌他实际上花了很长时间做准备,只是他不想承认。

  Well, maybe you’re right.

  好吧,或许你是对的。

  I can’t think clearly anymore, I’m so tired.

  我不能清晰地思考了,我很累。

  I need to sleep properly otherwise I’ll end up trying to sell bananas instead of lemons.

  我需要睡个好觉,不然卖错香蕉而不是柠檬我就完蛋了。

  Anna has finally got the message: she’s realised she’s been working too much.

  Anna终于明白了这点:她意识到自己工作得太久的。

  She needs to be realistic.

  她需要面对现实。

  Here’s a reminder of some of the phrases we heard to talk about how much Anna had been working:

  这里来回顾一下,我们听到形容Anna工作努力的说法:

  Burning the candle at both ends.

  蜡烛两头烧。

  Doing overtime.

  加班。

  Putting in the hours.

  投入时间。

  Burning out.

  疲惫过度。

  Let’s hope she’s thinking clearly by the time she has to do her presentation. Join us next time to find out! Bye.

  希望Anna在做介绍时能头脑清晰吧。我们下次再见!拜。

  以上就是“职场英语:加班Overtime”的全部内容,希望小编的整理能够帮到大家,朗阁教育*雅思小班培训课程,想要详细了解的同学可以点击我们的在线客服进行咨询哦!


朗阁小编推荐:

【职场】电话面试英语怎么说?

[双语]职场英语口语对话:谈论饮料

[双语]职场英语口语对话:10条握手注意事项

职场英语 常用英语 英语口语
分享到:

热门雅思培训课程推荐

  • 适用人群
  • 词汇量1000
  • 词汇量1500
  • 词汇量2000以上
  • 词汇量6000以上
  • 开课时间
  • 热报中
  • 滚动开班
  • 即将开班
  • 热报中

获取验证码

立即获取

稍后有专业老师给你回电,请保持电话畅通
沪ICP备 17003234 号 图书经营许可证:第A7651号 版权所有:上海朗阁教育科技股份有限公司 Copyright 2005 LONGRE EDUCATION GROUP All Rights Reserved